Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Case of the Boring Bookshelf

We have a ton of books in our house and tend to pile them into random bookcases in various rooms. One such bookcase we picked up somewhere for very little money and put in the corner of our family room.  I love the placement in the corner (credit goes to my clever husband, he can walk into any room and see exactly where the furniture should go) but felt it needed some organization and a little something to make it look a little less cheap.

   
Recently I've become slightly obsessed with designs with lattice in them. I found some contact paper on ebay and decided to apply it to the bookcase in an effort to make it look a little bit nicer and organized.

It only took a little bit of measuring and careful applying and I'm happy with the results. 


The beauty of this project is you can use whatever design you want. Contact paper, self-adhesive wallpaper and even craft card stock will work.
~ B

No comments:

Post a Comment