Friday, January 18, 2013

Quick Antibacterial Cleaning Spray


I have said it before and I'll say it again: It is amazing how much money you can save when you make your own cleaning products.  Most ingredients are already in your pantry. I use this cleaner to spray down my counter tops* & butcher block.

* Do not use on granite counter tops. While it won't hurt the granite, it could, over time, break down the seal that covers the granite. *

Needed:
Spray Bottle
1 Cup Water
1 Cup White Vinegar
20 Drops Lavender Essential Oil



 I get my spray bottles from whatever "Dollar Store" is nearby and I usually double the recipe because the spray bottles tend to be on the large side and frankly I am a freak about germs so I spray a lot of surfaces.


Vinegar has a long list of benefits & uses. It is 
safe for the environment and an excellent all purpose cleaner. Although the smell can appear potent at first, it dissipates quickly.


Besides smelling pleasant, lavender essential oil has antibacterial components. Although essential oils can get expensive, a little goes a long way and many, such as lavender and tea tree oil have cleaning as well as health benefits.

I was never a big essential oils person but I have really begun to notice how beneficial they can be. This site has some useful information regarding essential oils.





After adding all ingredients to the spray bottle, give it a couple shakes and you are done.


~ B

No comments:

Post a Comment