Thursday, June 20, 2013

DIY Furniture Polish

Here is an easy recipe for making your own furniture polish with simple ingredients! Here is what you need:

* I would use only what is suggested for antique furniture. This worked well on my dining room table and chairs bought within the last few years.



Olive Oil, Vinegar, Lemon Essential Oil, a clean cloth and glass container.

Olive Oil shines and lubricates the wood, I used one cup.




As I've mentioned before, white vinegar is a great all purpose cleaner. This will draw dirt out of the wood. I added 1/4 cup of vinegar to the bowl with the olive oil.


I love me some Lemon Essential Oil. Both for the smell as well as the antiseptic & antibacterial qualities. I added about 15 drops to the mix.


Olive Oil does not make friends easily so I had to whisk the mixture around a bit before pouring it into a clean jar. You may need to give the glass a shake before your next use.


Dipped my cloth in the jar, a little goes a long way.


Polishes up well.



Making your own furniture polish is just one more way to save you money by using ingredients you already have in your house.

~ B





No comments:

Post a Comment